I didn’t realize I needed a break.
The last 14 days have been busy.
- A family reunion with cousins and uncle from Texas.
- Oldest daughter had a birthday.
- Oldest daughter got engaged.
- My wife, myself, and aforementioned daughter and fiance’… met with the wedding hall owner and secured a weekend in 2022 for said wedding! That was actually really fun!
- My wife and I celebrated our 31st wedding anniversary.
- Didn’t miss any work.
- Bought a new lawn mower.
- Backed off exercising for a week to rest my arm injury. Came back stronger. Weird.
- And just about every night I went out into the garage to work on a boat my son bought. He picked up a different outboard motor for it. The guy said, “It ran when I took it off my pontoon.” It didn’t run. DOES NOW THOUGH!! My brother had a saying, when we worked together on boats and cars… when they would come to life he’d say, with gusto… “YEAH BABY!!” I’m going to use this experience in upcoming articles and possibly my next book.
- And I started my outline, research, and notes for my next book… “Before the Bible: what happens then?”
- And I looked back on my energy levels for the first part of the year and how they coincided with “how I felt.” I discovered I have three levels. *Depressed/No Motivation energy; *Daily Davey-Do energy; and Manic energy, with which I get a lot of ideas, I have to tell myself to slow down mentally at work, my hands want to move real fast at work – BUT they are fumbly, I don’t sleep well, and my vision gets really clear and very focused. What did The Nature Boy Rick Flair always say? “WHOOO!!” Yep, that describes my manic state. But now I’m mentally aware of what’s happening, and I use the mental strength tools I’ve learned to “talk to myself” in a good way to keep my bearings.
- I’ll be making a Dr’s appointment to check vitamin and hormone levels. One good thing about not drinking alcohol, not doing any kind of drugs, pharmaceutical or otherwise, and having cleared the extra sugar from my system has made me acutely aware of how my body works, feels, and behaves.
- There’s a few more items… but that’s life, is it not?
I hope you have a good summer. Enjoy it if you can.
Keep an eye out the next couple of weeks… I’ll be posting some articles, asking you, my readers for some input, that hopefully, will help me with my next book… “Before the Bible: what happens then?”
time for coffee and a talk…